Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Hola! It's breakfast time... Southwestern Style!




Hola Amigos! I have a busy day today and so I wanted to make myself a breakfast that would last me all morning as I will not have time today for my usual mid-morning snack. Got creative in the kitchen and.... the TexHombre Omelet was born!!! :)

This was so filling I actually could not even finish it all! Maintainers enjoy!

TexHombre Omelet

1/2 cup Egg Substitute
2 Eggs
1/8 cup (or 2 tbls) of LF cheddar cheese
sprinkle of chives
sprinkle of minced onion
salt/pepper to taste

2-3 tbls of Pico de Gayo
2 slices canadian bacon
1 slice LF swiss cheese

1-2 tbls salsa
1 tbls sourcream (I make my own "Southwest style" by mixing in just a little taco seasoning into the sourcream)
1 tbls Red Enchilada Sauce
1-2 slices fresh avocado

Create your omelet by mixing the first set of ingredients well and pour into a non-stick sprayed skillet. Wait till omelet sets before flipping. After you turn the eggs over, layer the swiss cheese, canadian bacon and pico and fold one side over the filling to melt the cheese. Flip entire "package" to complete cooking.

After removing from the heat, spread salsa and avocado over omelet and then top w/ sourcream and drizzle enchilada sauce over it all.

Cals: 491 Carbs: 14g Prot: 52g Fat: 24g

This was such a nice variation and one I will definitely keep in my repertoire! Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

bumblefuk said...

You look great and you can tell your pictures are YOU! Great job!